Old 16-05-2009, 12:30 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default Need WH.. anyone out there with extra?

None of the stores here have gotten any pond plants at all this year, and Home Deopt just told us that they aren;t getting any in till almost the end of JUNE! Thats 1/2 through our entire growing season here, and I need something to startup our veggie filter now.

Anyone out there able to send some? (I'm in western NC)

Old 16-05-2009, 04:48 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On May 15, 7:30 pm, Gojira wrote:
None of the stores here have gotten any pond plants at all this year, and

Home Deopt just told us that they aren;t getting any in till almost the en
d of JUNE! Thats 1/2 through our entire growing season here, and I need som
ething to startup our veggie filter now.

Anyone out there able to send some? (I'm in western NC)

I quit using them, now I have water celery which overwintered here in
the pond this year, but had escaped to the dirt around pond the year
before, so I dug it up and chucked it in the pond without the fish.
It grows like crazy and the fish eat it. We thin the clump out and
throw it into the big pond with the fish and they have a feast - leave
only stems. I originally saw it in a pond at a store and they said
that is the only plant or cleaning they use in that pond. It was clear
and clean. Good purchase for us. YMMV
Nan in DE

Old 17-05-2009, 11:06 PM
Registered User

Location: North Carolina

I list a few bits and bobs on ebay, let me know if theres aquatic plants of interest that you would like to find

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQ...QsassZadavisus

Regards,andy
http://www.flickr.com/photos/21940871@N06/
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l42/adavisus/
Old 18-05-2009, 03:14 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

I just use water celery and cyperus. it is the start of the veggie filter and I dont
have anything to spare. can you get water cress? Here is ebay for water celery.
dont get the variegated, it doesnt do as well as the plain.
http://tinyurl.com/qtrkek
Ingrid

On Fri, 15 May 2009 19:30:11 EDT, Gojira wrote:

None of the stores here have gotten any pond plants at all this year, and Home Deopt just told us that they aren;t getting any in till almost the end of JUNE! Thats 1/2 through our entire growing season here, and I need something to startup our veggie filter now.

Anyone out there able to send some? (I'm in western NC)

Somewhere between zone 5 and 6 tucked along the shore of Lake Michigan
on the council grounds of the Fox, Mascouten, Potawatomi, and Winnebago

Old 23-05-2009, 01:46 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Mon, 18 May 2009 10:14:17 EDT, wrote:

I just use water celery and cyperus. it is the start of the veggie filter and I dont
have anything to spare. can you get water cress? Here is ebay for water celery.
dont get the variegated, it doesnt do as well as the plain.
http://tinyurl.com/qtrkek
Ingrid

I think the variegated is a true marginal, as in, just keep its feet wet
please. It grows well in the blocks around my lily pond, only place I've
ever had it come back.
--
Water cress can be had at most grocery stores, sometimes you have to ask
and they'll order you in a case for the price of one nice pond plant. Take

Rate This Thread: