Old 17-05-2009, 11:25 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kate Brown Kate Brown is offline

Default impossible, oh surely not?

On Sat, 16 May 2009, Swiss Toni wrote

My parents live in Montpon, they found canna's grow a treat, however
you
say you have a slug problem so perhaps thats a no no. Climbing roses
seem to flourish, try Pauls Himalayan Musk. They have had sucess with
Campsis & Laurels.

Good Luck

Thanks - the backing wall is rather low, so I don't think roses would
work there, also the bed is very shallow (front to back), so even a low
growing rose might threaten to spread over the path. I wish I could
grow cannas, they'd be perfect! But I'm going to try sedums and
geraniums, and yesterday someone gave me a cistus cutting and I'll try
that there too. I know they can grow huge as well, but it's very small
just now, and as far as I know they don't object to being pruned quite
fiercely.

--
Kate B

PS 'elvira' is spamtrapped - please reply to 'elviraspam' at cockaigne dot org dot uk if you
want to reply personally