Old 17-05-2009, 10:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Bramley apple tree didn't flower this year

In message , David in Normandy
writes
Last year we brought a young bramley apple tree over to France from
England. It flowered its little heart out and had lots of fruit. We had
to prop up the branches they were sagging so much.

This year however, it didn't even bother to flower. Not a single
flower. Is that because it is a young tree and having a rest after last
years exertions?

Many apple cultivars have a tendency to biannual/biennial fruiting. This
is documented for 'Bramley's Seedling'.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley