Old 18-05-2009, 03:13 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Mink Frogs?

Jim Elbrecht wrote:

-snip-
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/l...Life/brown.jpg
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/l...Life/green.jpg

I thought I identified the first one by its call a couple weeks ago.
But he hasn't made a sound since. now that there are 2 & they are
colored so differently, I wonder.

After some more poking about the net I'm 99% sure they are Green
Frogs. Colors vary in both species, but the Green Frog has banding
on the rear legs, and dorsolateral ridges. [the long warty-looking
thing where his shoulder-blades would be]

Also I picked them both up and smelled them & Mink frogs are supposed
to give off an oniony odor.

Thanks,
Jim