Old 18-05-2009, 03:14 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Jim and Phyllis Jim and Phyllis is offline

Default state of the pond

Mississippi is in full swing.

The irises are done flowering and sending up lots of new leaves.

Our parrots feather is growing all over the edges of its vegie
filter.

The lilies are flowering well.

The WH is beginning to divide well. The winter treated them badly this
year. We normally have 40-50 make it through the winter. This year,
we started the growth season with perhaps 20 weak WH. They are now
triple the number and growing well. They have covered 1/3 of their 4
x 8 veggie filter pond. I expect they will finish covering the filter
in June and we will have extra to send out.

No breeding yet, however.

Jim