Old 18-05-2009, 10:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default Hazel Nuts

On 2009-05-18 22:16:15 +0100, Paul Luton said:

wrote:
In article ,
alan.holmes wrote:
"Plum" wrote in message
om...

A squirrel visits my neighbour's hazel bush every autumn and kindly
buries some of his booty in my garden. I now have two baby hazel
bushes. Does anyone know how big they have to be or how many years it
is before they fruit? The neighbour doesn't know as the bush was there
when he bought the house.
About 12 feet high and 10 feet across, but if you have room they are
well worth while.

I pruned my hazel last year, and stocked up on firewood - and some
it it had to be split :-)

I get a good supply of poles for climbing beans.
Paul

We've had a member of staff, whose parents are farmers, bringing in
great bundles of hedge trimmings for sale. They cost little, are large
bundles and they have simply run out of the place. I think he's done 6
squared-off pallet loads so far and there's not one left.
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com
Exotic plants, shrubs & perennials
South Devon