Old 19-05-2009, 04:25 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Steve Peek Steve Peek is offline

Default Frost

Well peanuts only need 120 days and usually we are safe after May 15, so I
thought I'd try them again. I'm in western NC used to be zone 6, but now
it's closer to zone 7. A friend gave me enough 3 gallon nursery pots to
cover the tender things so I guess they'll survive.
Que sera sera
"Lilah Morgan" wrote in message
Peanuts? Where are you located? I can commiserate about the stupid late
frosts, we get them here all the time. Lost the first batch of corn and
squash this year already, and a friend lost 40 tomato plants. Only thing
I've learned to count on weather-wise is that you won't get the last late
frost until you start putting stuff in the ground. Damn Murphy...

Victoria, zone 5a

"Steve Peek" wrote in message
Last Thursday was the only day in the last month that the soil was dry
enough to work. I busted my hump putting in squash, cucumbers, peanuts,
okra, beans and my precious heirloom tomatoes. Now the local effing
weatherman is calling for lows in the mid to low 30's and frost in the
morning. I've been scrambling all afternoon, trying to cover all the

tender
plants. I guess I'm not looking for any advise, maybe just a little
commiseration.
Steve