Old 19-05-2009, 04:54 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Luke Luke is offline

Default New house, old tired lawn?

On May 17, 11:41*pm, six0 wrote:
Hi All,
I have just moved house in Northumberland and the lawn has seen better
days, do I start again by removing the old turf and buying new? Or can
it be repaired, with TLC?
The lawn is patchy and has quite a few dandelions and other weeds
interspersed over it?
What do you recommend?
Thanks six0

--
six0

I'd start with a soil test. You can pick one up at any home center.
Get your ph right, maybe some lime. then I'd spray a little weed b
gone. get rid of those nasty dandelions and other weeds. then, a
little Scott's turf builder and see where you are from there. if your
still a little patchy this fall, a little overseeding with a slit
seeder works great for the spring. I'm actually a little envious that
you have a new canvas to start painting. good luck