Old 19-05-2009, 09:46 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
Ed Ed is offline

Default How to use ChemPak formulations?

On 18/05/09 20:37, Dave Hill wrote:
On 18 May, 15:36, "JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:
"Hairy Legs" ex@directory wrote in message

o.uk...

On 18/05/09 15:17, Gary Woods wrote:
Hairy Legs ex@directory wrote:
But not knowing soil history , how to feed plants?
Get/do a soil test, so you're not blindly adding expensive stuff you may
not need.
Gary Woods AKA K2AHC- PGP key on request, or at
home.earthlink.net/~garygarlic
What/how to do soil test?

A well-stocked garden center should have soil test kits available. Some kits
are only for testing pH, while others contain the necessary stuff for
checking soil nutrients. If you don't have a retail outlet nearby which
sells these kits, here's a google search with some U.K. sources:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&c...=org.mozilla%3...

http://preview.tinyurl.com/pyz96d

You can get PH meters, but if you do, check it out with something like
vinager, I have had 2 and both were wired in reverse.and showed
vinegar as being very high PH, and not acid
I phoned the firm about the first one so they sent me a replacement,
and said keep the other.
A bit of work with the saldering iron corrected the problem.
Also have a look at http://www.kaysdiscountgarden.co.uk/33.html
Cost less than Chempack and are very similar in composition and usage.
Have you thought of foliar feed instead?
http://www.travena.co.uk/pdf/BioMagic-FoliarFeed.pdf
David Hill

Are not the Chempak formulations soluble in water and can be applied as
a foliar feed?