Old 19-05-2009, 01:10 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Rachael Simpson Rachael Simpson is offline

Default Frost

Steve Peek wrote:
Last Thursday was the only day in the last month that the soil was dry
enough to work. I busted my hump putting in squash, cucumbers, peanuts,
okra, beans and my precious heirloom tomatoes. Now the local effing
weatherman is calling for lows in the mid to low 30's and frost in the
morning. I've been scrambling all afternoon, trying to cover all the tender
plants. I guess I'm not looking for any advise, maybe just a little
commiseration.
Steve

Hiya Steve, I'll commiserate with you! lol, the forecast has had us
scrambling a little bit out here in the sandhills of NC too. Since it
seems you can never trust the weathermen around here, we covered just in
case. It is a little easier for us to cover things though, as we just
use the plastic sheeting and old curtains from the turkey houses. And
here at 8am, the temp is still just 48....and to think we were about to
melt a couple of weeks ago...lol!

~Rae