Old 19-05-2009, 02:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kate Morgan Kate Morgan is offline

Default Rosa Rugosa Japenese Rose

I have a wonderful hedging rose in flower at the moment, the smell is
amazing. A friend asked me what it was called and I had to hide my ignorance
by diving into the border to find the label, the name on the label says it
is Rosa Rugosa Japanese Rose, the picture shows a single rose but mine is
not a single by any stretch of the imagination, the hips will be there
later, small spiky thorns are there but the flower is different, I need
educating I think. I must switch off the p.c. as we are having a belting
thunderstorm here and power cuts, better be safe than sorry

kate