Old 20-05-2009, 07:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Angela[_3_] Angela[_3_] is offline

Default Costs of tree surgery

"NoSpam" wrote in message
| I've just had a quote of £260-350 for a crown lift, 10% thin and slight
| reduction of a mature walnut tree - is this reasonable?

Depends on where you live. I am in Kent and I had 2 mature trees and 1
small apple tree felled and a crown reduction on a large silver birch. It
came to £280 and that included then removing all the rubbish. And they were
proper tree surgeons. A friend told me that if a tree surgeon turns up with
a ladder send him away!!

If you're in Kent/Surrey/Sussex I can give you their name.

Angela