Old 21-05-2009, 01:33 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Willshak Willshak is offline

Default Question on Ryobi batteries/charger.

I am looking at a reconditioned 18 volt, 8 inch, Ryobi ONE+ cordless
chain saw. I just need it for pruning branches. I currently use a bow
saw, but it is difficult to get to some branches because of other nearby
branches.
The reconditioned saw comes without a battery or charger. I already have
a Ryobi 18 volt ONE+ battery charger and two ONE+ 18v NiCad batteries.
The ONE+ means the batteries can be used in various 18 volt ONE+ Ryobi
tools.
I am also looking at an 18v Ryobi ONE+ Lithium Ion battery.
My question is: Can the Li-Ion battery be charged in the Ni Cad battery
charger that I already have, or do I need a Li-ion charger as well?

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY