Old 22-05-2009, 01:51 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Elizabeth[_5_] Elizabeth[_5_] is offline

Default Bio sludge control and UV sterilizers mutally exclusive?

"Kurt" wrote in message
In article ,
"Elizabeth" wrote:

Snipped for brevity.....
Earlier this spring I found
a submersible pump/filter/UV sterilizer at clearance pricing that I
couldn't
resist :-)
It worked beautifully to clear up my spring greenies quickly. Question
is,
can I use the Bio sludge control with the UV light? I'm concerned that it
will kill the (bacteria? enzymes?) in the solution. The UV could be
unplugged if needed.
Thanks for your help. It's great to see everybody,

elizabeth

I'd just make sure the UV is not one that sits in the filter. Mine is
inline before the filter.

The UV sits inline after the filter media and before the pump. Why does it
matter?