Old 22-05-2009, 05:52 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
KC[_2_] KC[_2_] is offline

Default mower air filter

On May 22, 9:47*am, "Pat" wrote:
"KC" wrote in message

I use a riding mower/garden tractor in an extemely dusty environment.
The manual states to not blow out the air filter since it could damage
it. *Yet at $17 per filter, changing it after each mowing is out of
the question. *So my question is that after careful blowing out the
filter from inside-to-outside, any guesses as to how many times I can
clean it before replacement?

KC

I gently wash mine in soapy water.

The outer foam filter that catches the big stuff can be washed easily
enough but the main filter that catches dust is pleated paper. The
dust is the consistency of talc so mixing it with water would clog the
pores of the filter.
KC