Old 14-04-2003, 09:56 PM
Theo Asir

Default Talisman Roses where to find?

Here's a list of suppliers for you.

http://www.helpmefind.com/sites/rrr/...e&hdg=Talisman

Just to let you know I do grow this rose in a pot.
It is my one rose with crown gall.
Still puts out wonderfully colorful flowers every year.

I realize the sentimental value but in my experience
this rose is quite fussy about its treatment.

No water for a week often results in
sulking, leaf loss and 2 months to recover.
It is not particularly disease resistant either.
It is one of my roses that seems to prefer a potted life.

If you're gonna plant it at a grave site
is there someone to provide DAILY care.

It is also especially feeble on its own roots.
I know, I tried.

I fear that without attention it will be dead
within the month.

--
Theo in Zone 5
Kansas City

"John A. Stovall" wrote in message
I'm looking for Talisman rose plants and need to know where to find
them and if they are suitable for Central Texas.

I'm looking at trying to plant them at the grave site of the Texas
writer Katherine Anne Porter as they were her favorite rose.