Old 23-05-2009, 06:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bobbie[_5_] Bobbie[_5_] is offline

Default Growing Cheese and Pasta

Someone ask how to grow cheese and Pasta?

Well I know how I do it. I take one of those string cheeses much loved
by kiddies that know no better, and break it into three. I fill a pot
with milk curds and a little John Innes No 3. I put one piece of the
string cheese into the pot, and add a small shake of Italian dry herbs.
With luck you will have a healthy Parmesan cheese plant in a wee while.
Take the second piece of cheese and (Mike will love this) place in a pot
with the same amount of milk curds and compost only this time add a
shake of dust from Gough's Cave and in a few weeks you will have a
viable Cheddar Cheese plant to plant out. Mind late frosts. The third
bit of string cheese, you eat.g
As for Pasta, everyone knows it grows on Spaghetti trees, and Pasta
trees. Check the BBC web site for further information.

Smudge, cheese gardener extraordinaire.:-)