Old 23-05-2009, 06:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Growing Cheese and Pasta

Someone ask how to grow cheese and Pasta?

Well I know how I do it. I take one of those string cheeses much loved
by kiddies that know no better, and break it into three. I fill a pot
with milk curds and a little John Innes No 3. I put one piece of the
string cheese into the pot, and add a small shake of Italian dry herbs.
With luck you will have a healthy Parmesan cheese plant in a wee while.
Take the second piece of cheese and (Mike will love this) place in a pot
with the same amount of milk curds and compost only this time add a
shake of dust from Gough's Cave and in a few weeks you will have a
viable Cheddar Cheese plant to plant out. Mind late frosts. The third
bit of string cheese, you eat.g
As for Pasta, everyone knows it grows on Spaghetti trees, and Pasta
trees. Check the BBC web site for further information.

Smudge, cheese gardener extraordinaire.:-)
Old 23-05-2009, 06:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

--
..
"Bobbie" wrote in message

[...]

Can we have that again, but with the Latin names please?

Kindest possible regards

Mike

Old 23-05-2009, 06:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

'Mike' wrote:

But of course.
Milkus curdus and Maximus Innessus Numero III
Parmesanus Cheesus and Chedderii
cheesii.

Will that do? Incidentally I do believe that they were under completely
different names at Chelsea. It is for that reason I used the common or
garden names.

Smudgeus.
--
http://www.smudgespatch.co.uk/newhome3.html
Old 23-05-2009, 06:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

--
..
"Bobbie" wrote in message
'Mike' wrote:

But of course.
Milkus curdus and Maximus Innessus Numero III
Parmesanus Cheesus and Chedderii
cheesii.

Will that do? Incidentally I do believe that they were under completely
different names at Chelsea. It is for that reason I used the common or
garden names.

Smudgeus.
--
http://www.smudgespatch.co.uk/newhome3.htmle

But of course dahrling, one would use a different Latin name at Chelsea
wouldn't one?

Kindest possible regards

Mike

Tomatillo Recipes - 1 Pasta Sauce & 2 Salsa Verde EV Edible Gardening 2 07-10-2003 01:27 AM
Pasta ... Theo van Daele Ponds 15 12-08-2003 04:13 PM
"swiss cheese" hosta SKIP NEWBERY Gardening 7 21-06-2003 02:32 PM
[IT] Prodotti BIO di vacca e capra - bio milk and cheese Latteria Perenzin sci.agriculture 0 26-04-2003 12:25 PM
Swiss Cheese Plant Newbie Gardener United Kingdom 3 06-03-2003 05:19 PM