Old 24-05-2009, 05:35 PM
malia malia is offline
Registered User

Question deficiency symptoms in chilli plant

Location: Alloment in East london
Soil: Not investigated, but quality believed to be alkaline. Organic matter reasonably good. Contained lots of iron nails and artifacts before I cultivated, removed the stones and bits of glass, and put in a previously potted chilli plant that was doing reasonably well on my window sill.
It has stopped growing since its transfer and the few leaves that started to grow have turned eyllowing nd are very small indeed. I notice a 'rosette' or bunching effect of the growing tips,
Can someone tell me if
a) this symptom is due to boron or magnesium deficicency or
b) can it be that the presence of the rusting nails /screws have poisoned the plant and caused the symptoms to appear.
c) do I remove the plant and put it back on my window sill?