Old 24-05-2009, 07:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
wafflycat wafflycat is offline

Default should I wee on my tomato plants?

"dido22" wrote in message
I read that urine is a good fertiliser and gardeners sometimes use their
urine as a fertiliser.?

Does this mean that I should wee on my tomato plants, or should I dilute
it & pour it on the lawn, or should I use the toilet like civilised people
do ?

All help / advice/ insults / are gratefully accepted

Thanks

KK

In this household, urine goes on the compost heap. It's an excellent source
of nitrogen. I wouldn't put it direct/full strength on plants. I have heard
that diluted 1 part urine to 20 parts (might have been 10 parts... must
check) water is a good feed for plants.