Old 24-05-2009, 07:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Minchin Bob Minchin is offline

Default should I wee on my tomato plants?

wafflycat wrote:

"dido22" wrote in message
I read that urine is a good fertiliser and gardeners sometimes use
their urine as a fertiliser.?

Does this mean that I should wee on my tomato plants, or should I
dilute it & pour it on the lawn, or should I use the toilet like
civilised people do ?

All help / advice/ insults / are gratefully accepted

Thanks

KK

In this household, urine goes on the compost heap. It's an excellent
source of nitrogen. I wouldn't put it direct/full strength on plants. I
have heard that diluted 1 part urine to 20 parts (might have been 10
parts... must check) water is a good feed for plants.

Do you use it neat on the compost heap or at what dilution rate is best.

Tia

Bob