Old 24-05-2009, 05:53 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default state of the pond

On Sat, 23 May 2009 09:53:01 EDT, Jim and Phyllis
wrote:

I had forgotten how much colder it was for you. Our black berries are
coming ripe now. And my corn is a foot tall.

I'm going to have a bumper crop of Raspberries this year. We didn't get in
and thin out the old canes last fall, so they are thick. I use to make
jam... but haven't since I went back to work.

The koi and goldies have not bred yet.

This is good to know, I've been watching for action on my wakins, hoping I
can see and save some babies from the filter trip this year. I've got foam
in the koi ponds, but I think that is pine pollen not hanky-panky. Will be
doing water changes more often. Not so bad this year as we took down the
worst offender.

Riverfest in Little Rock, selling Ugandan goods
Killer hours today: 10 AM to 11 PM. Jim

Ugh, my sister comes here and does a 2 day show and I sit the majority of
the day with her. Very tiring that... people watching. At least the hours
aren't that late. 9-9 first day, 9-6 the next. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us