Old 25-05-2009, 02:42 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Tynk[_2_] Tynk[_2_] is offline

Default Wearing goggles while mowing?

On May 24, 1:09*am, greenehawke wrote:
On Apr 30, 10:06*am, twinbee
wrote:

Just bought a new lawn mower (Bosch Rotak 40), and wondered if it was
necessary to wear goggles, or if new laws about safety requirements for
manufacturing mowers made this safety tip redundant these days.

If the 'shell' of the mower is covering the blade, I don't possibly see
how a stone/wood chip can shoot out at the angle required to hit your
eyes, without hitting the case first. Can someone enlighten me on this?

--
twinbee

I opt for safety. I use a smaller mower and have a nearly rock free
area to mow. But twigs hurt too. And I only came with one pair of
eyes. I wear eyeglasses and recently got safety goggles though I was
considering a face mask since the tiny twigs seem to get me in the
chin now and then.
Ear PLUGS for sure. *IF you don't have ringing in your ears, protect
yourself. If you DO have ringing in your ears, don't make it worse.

Nope no need for safety goggles . Same with condoms.......no need.
Real men go bareback and glassless