Old 25-05-2009, 02:36 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
W Dale[_2_] W Dale[_2_] is offline

Default state of the pond

Another chilly day today . . .
We are going on almost two weeks it seems of below 70 degree (F)
temperatures here in the Springs. And I have a koi that now seems to
have contracted a cotton like fungus on it's sides. It keeps to it
self and swims near the surface 'hiding' near some rocks. When I
approach it, it will swim away with some vigor but will return to is
'resting' place. I introduced "Medi Koi" food yesterday but I am
thinking I need to quarantine "Nickel Short" (that is what my wife
named the fish - go figure . . .) and start a salt bath. From what I
am reading salt bath and getting the pond warm (not till Friday when
the temperatures are predicted to be back into the 70's) is the best
treatment.
Any other suggestions?
Have a great week!
W. Dale