Old 26-05-2009, 05:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
bob[_1_] bob[_1_] is offline

Default Can anyone tell me what this insect is please?

On Mon, 25 May 2009 23:44:21 +0100, "Nick" wrote:

http://i377.photobucket.com/albums/o.../IMG_90551.jpg

Pic taken Berkshire yesterday.
Many thanks,

Nick.

Snap!!

http://i665.photobucket.com/albums/v...r/DSCF2058.jpg

A couple of weeks ago, I heard the low buzzing sound and slowish
flight. I thought it might be a hornet but I assumed with those double
wings it would be some sort of dragonfly.

This is the final of my half a dozen or so photos as I was able to get
closer and closer. I'd just picked off some flower heads from the
rhodie and in another photo which I seem to have discarded, it looked
as though it had stuck a probosus into the broken off head it's now
staring at and was bringing up a liquid of sorts. (uggh!)