Old 15-04-2003, 12:32 AM
Dave Hunt

Default Saving Seed?

Looking at my veg patch, I notice that some individual plants seem to be
performing much better than others - by a factor of at least 50%.
Should I allow a few of these "good" plants to run to seed and save it
for next year?

In particular, I'm looking at radish broad beans and peas

Hi Steve....I always save peas (Onward & Geenshaft usually) and Broad Beans
(Bunyards Exhibition & Masterpiece Green Longpod) which have always given me a
good crop the following year... a packet of radish seeds are so cheap to buy,
and one gets thousands, that it's not really worth saving them...besides you
can sow a few of several varieties too..French Breakfast, Sparkler, Black (for
winter) etc...
sunshine and smiles
Dave Hunt...Shropshire
----share what you know...learn what you don't----