Old 27-05-2009, 03:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bill P. Bill P. is offline

Default Plug Plants?

"jamps" wrote in message
Bill P. wrote:

The reason I tried plug plants was I imagined I would get an earlier
start. Any thoughts or advice for the future?

I buy plug plants every year Bill. I order in January from Gardening
Direct
This year I had 100 Geraniums ( Maverick Orange for a change) and dark
blue Lobellia as an edging.
They were delivered in mid-March and have done very well in the greenhouse
with the heater programmed to only come on to keep it frost free. I also
use fleece over the plants for a couple of weeks.
--
Jamps.

Hi Jamps,
All my plants were in the greenhouse with heating on if there was danger of
frost and like you I use Fleece.
Maylook up Gardening Direct.
--
Bill.