Old 28-05-2009, 06:20 AM posted to aus.gardens

Default Newbie question: Exactly what is 'frost'?

Brock wrote:
Thanks all for your excellent answers.

I was hoping my basil would bolt to seed (to harvest the seeds) before
it died off during winter. Assuming I'll have no frost, I now hope it
will live on through winter.

Cheers

Brock

It probably won't get through the winter, basil likes it warm as well as
frost free and should be grown as an annual. It is likely to go to seed
though, it should be flowering, or have flowered already..

David