Old 28-05-2009, 03:07 PM
Ross Ross is offline
Registered User

Location: Kent
Talking Amaryllis/Hippeastrum Seeds.

Hi Everyone,
Last year I bought two amaryllis/hippeastrum bulbs, one pink, the other was red in the centre and white on the outer edge. I hand pollinated these flowers and collected the seeds. I recently planted them and have been rewarded with several seedlings! Now I am wondering how to take care of them, and maybe even get my own variety! Also, they're currently in a small pot (in comparison with the original bulb I bought). I am wondering how long it will take, what sort of fertiliser to use, whether to move them to a slightly larger pot, and if so when to move them? Thanks! Tried to include a picture but the quality was too high and the upload took hours, then failed! Oh well.