Old 28-05-2009, 10:13 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
1D10T 1D10T is offline

Default Leveling a wavy lawn

I live in the FL panhandle. My lawn is nice and green, and healthy looking,
especially after 7 or 8 weeks of drenching rain. This place is over 50 years
old, and after replacing sewer lines, removing trees and big shrubs, etc.,
over all that time, it's quite wavy and has several hollows where bushes
used to reside. Nothing seems to have been backfilled properly. The lawn is
almost 100% Centipede grass.

I'd like to fill in the low areas with topsoil and need some advice on how
to proceed. Can I just spread it over the existing grass or should I remove
the sod first? Or - remove the sod, spread the soil and use the removed sod
to get the newly bare areas started? That's really a lot more work than I'd
like to create, but advice and hints will be greatly appreciated. TIA

P.S.
Does anyone have any experience with Centipede grass seed?