Old 28-05-2009, 09:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sally Thompson[_3_] Sally Thompson[_3_] is offline

Default Pyramid orchids

As some of you will know, we manage most of our large garden as a wildflower
meadow/wildlife friendly environment, which means among other things that we
only cut the grass twice a year, and we spread some hay bales from a
wildflower-rich meadow in autumn. Imagine our delight then to find some
pyramid orchids growing there for the first time! No bad for land which was
the spoil tip from a brick yard when we bought it!

Just thought I would share our pleasure.

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
Posted through uk.rec.gardening