Old 28-05-2009, 09:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Pyramid orchids

As some of you will know, we manage most of our large garden as a wildflower
meadow/wildlife friendly environment, which means among other things that we
only cut the grass twice a year, and we spread some hay bales from a
wildflower-rich meadow in autumn. Imagine our delight then to find some
pyramid orchids growing there for the first time! No bad for land which was
the spoil tip from a brick yard when we bought it!

Just thought I would share our pleasure.

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
Posted through uk.rec.gardening

Old 29-05-2009, 10:27 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-05-28 21:49:44 +0100, Sally Thompson said:

As some of you will know, we manage most of our large garden as a wildflower
meadow/wildlife friendly environment, which means among other things that we
only cut the grass twice a year, and we spread some hay bales from a
wildflower-rich meadow in autumn. Imagine our delight then to find some
pyramid orchids growing there for the first time! No bad for land which was
the spoil tip from a brick yard when we bought it!

Just thought I would share our pleasure.

Lucky you - how lovely! Any photos by any chance?
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com
Exotic plants, shrubs & perennials
South Devon

Old 29-05-2009, 11:43 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

As some of you will know, we manage most of our large garden as a
wildflower
meadow/wildlife friendly environment, which means among other things that
we
only cut the grass twice a year, and we spread some hay bales from a
wildflower-rich meadow in autumn. Imagine our delight then to find some
pyramid orchids growing there for the first time! No bad for land which
was
the spoil tip from a brick yard when we bought it!

Just thought I would share our pleasure.

Lucky you - how lovely! Any photos by any chance?
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com
Exotic plants, shrubs & perennials
South Devon

It would be good if we had more garden photographs don't peeps think ? :-)

kate

Old 29-05-2009, 12:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Kate
Morgan writes

As some of you will know, we manage most of our large garden as a
wildflower
meadow/wildlife friendly environment, which means among other things
that we
only cut the grass twice a year, and we spread some hay bales from a
wildflower-rich meadow in autumn. Imagine our delight then to find some
pyramid orchids growing there for the first time! No bad for land
which was
the spoil tip from a brick yard when we bought it!

Just thought I would share our pleasure.

Lucky you - how lovely! Any photos by any chance?
-- --
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com
Exotic plants, shrubs & perennials
South Devon

It would be good if we had more garden photographs don't peeps think ? :-)

kate

Yes. In the olden days of urg, Alan Gould sent round his lovely garden
photographs by snail mail and we had to pass them on the next poster in
a similar fashion. Sadly, I have lost touch with him now.
--
June Hughes
Old 29-05-2009, 01:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-05-29 11:43:41 +0100, "Kate Morgan" said:

As some of you will know, we manage most of our large garden as a wildflower
meadow/wildlife friendly environment, which means among other things that we
only cut the grass twice a year, and we spread some hay bales from a
wildflower-rich meadow in autumn. Imagine our delight then to find some
pyramid orchids growing there for the first time! No bad for land which was
the spoil tip from a brick yard when we bought it!

Just thought I would share our pleasure.

Lucky you - how lovely! Any photos by any chance?
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com
Exotic plants, shrubs & perennials
South Devon

It would be good if we had more garden photographs don't peeps think ? :-)

kate

I certainly do. It's lovely to see what inspires other people.

Old 29-05-2009, 04:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

snip.

Lucky you - how lovely! Any photos by any chance?
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com
Exotic plants, shrubs & perennials
South Devon

It would be good if we had more garden photographs don't peeps think ?
:-)

kate

I certainly do. It's lovely to see what inspires other people.
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com
Exotic plants, shrubs & perennials
South Devon

We are expecting a small pink hurricane in the shape of our two year old
grandaughter so I am not going to be about for a while, our old pony is
already hiding, she knows you know :-))) hope to see some pictures when I
get back,

kate

Old 29-05-2009, 04:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Fri, 29 May 2009 10:27:28 +0100, Sacha wrote
(in article ):

On 2009-05-28 21:49:44 +0100, Sally Thompson said:

As some of you will know, we manage most of our large garden as a wildflower
meadow/wildlife friendly environment, which means among other things that we
only cut the grass twice a year, and we spread some hay bales from a
wildflower-rich meadow in autumn. Imagine our delight then to find some
pyramid orchids growing there for the first time! No bad for land which was
the spoil tip from a brick yard when we bought it!

Just thought I would share our pleasure.

Lucky you - how lovely! Any photos by any chance?

Just come in from shovelling compost for a cool-down and hopefully a choc
ice! I will take some photos and stick them on photobucket.

Old 29-05-2009, 04:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message et, Sally
Thompson writes

On 2009-05-28 21:49:44 +0100, Sally Thompson said:

As some of you will know, we manage most of our large garden as a wildflower
meadow/wildlife friendly environment, which means among other things that we
only cut the grass twice a year, and we spread some hay bales from a
wildflower-rich meadow in autumn. Imagine our delight then to find some
pyramid orchids growing there for the first time! No bad for land which was
the spoil tip from a brick yard when we bought it!

Just thought I would share our pleasure.

Lucky you - how lovely! Any photos by any chance?

Just come in from shovelling compost for a cool-down and hopefully a choc
ice! I will take some photos and stick them on photobucket.

Choc ice. Um. Good idea. I am just about to skive off work early and
do some planting out so don't deserve one yet but what the hell?
--
June Hughes
Old 29-05-2009, 06:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-05-28 21:49:44 +0100, Sally Thompson said:

As some of you will know, we manage most of our large garden as a wildflower
meadow/wildlife friendly environment, which means among other things that we
only cut the grass twice a year, and we spread some hay bales from a
wildflower-rich meadow in autumn. Imagine our delight then to find some
pyramid orchids growing there for the first time! No bad for land which was
the spoil tip from a brick yard when we bought it!

Just thought I would share our pleasure.

Lucky you - how lovely! Any photos by any chance?

Just come in from shovelling compost for a cool-down and hopefully a choc
ice! I will take some photos and stick them on photobucket.

Mmmmm, make mine a Honeycomb. ;-)

Old 29-05-2009, 06:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-05-28 21:49:44 +0100, Sally Thompson said:

As some of you will know, we manage most of our large garden as a wildflower
meadow/wildlife friendly environment, which means among other things that we
only cut the grass twice a year, and we spread some hay bales from a
wildflower-rich meadow in autumn. *Imagine our delight then to find some
pyramid orchids growing there for the first time! *No bad for land which was
the spoil tip from a brick yard when we bought it!

Just thought I would share our pleasure.

Lucky you - how lovely! *Any photos by any chance?

Just come in from shovelling compost for a cool-down and hopefully a choc
ice! *I will take some photos and stick them on photobucket. *

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
Posted through uk.rec.gardening

I'll have a glass of Chablis tonight please?

Judith

Old 29-05-2009, 08:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Fri, 29 May 2009 16:18:23 +0100, Kate Morgan wrote
(in article ):

snip.

Lucky you - how lovely! Any photos by any chance?
--

It would be good if we had more garden photographs don't peeps think ?
-)

kate

I certainly do. It's lovely to see what inspires other people.

We are expecting a small pink hurricane in the shape of our two year old
grandaughter so I am not going to be about for a while, our old pony is
already hiding, she knows you know :-))) hope to see some pictures when I
get back,

Having risked life and limb to climb up the slope where the orchids are, I've
taken some pictures, but now can't find the cable that connects the camera to
the computer (major upheavals here recently and I haven't re-loaded the
office yet but am living in minimalist bliss g). I'll have another look
tomorrow, or take some with my phone.

Meanwhile, my web pages desperately need updating but some of the story of
our garden is he www.stonybrook-ludlow.co.uk/garden.html.

Old 29-05-2009, 08:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Fri, 29 May 2009 18:48:16 +0100, Judith in France wrote
(in article
):

On May 29, 4:21*pm, Sally Thompson wrote:

snip

Just come in from shovelling compost for a cool-down and hopefully a choc
ice! *I will take some photos and stick them on photobucket. *

I'll have a glass of Chablis tonight please?

Glug, glug. Mmmm. Lovely and cold!

(PS I haven't had a choc ice in years but nothing else would do!)

Old 29-05-2009, 09:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On May 29, 8:41*pm, Sally Thompson wrote:
On Fri, 29 May 2009 18:48:16 +0100, Judith in France wrote
(in article
):

On May 29, 4:21*pm, Sally Thompson wrote:

snip

Just come in from shovelling compost for a cool-down and hopefully a choc
ice! *I will take some photos and stick them on photobucket. *

I'll have a glass of Chablis tonight please?

Glug, glug. *Mmmm. *Lovely and cold!

(PS I haven't had a choc ice in years but nothing else would do!)

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
Posted through uk.rec.gardening

Can I tempt you to try a sorbet? Mango; with a small glass of very
dry white wine?

Judith
Old 29-05-2009, 09:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
Judith in France wrote:
On May 29, 8:41=A0pm, Sally Thompson wrote:

(PS I haven't had a choc ice in years but nothing else would do!)

Can I tempt you to try a sorbet? Mango; with a small glass of very
dry white wine?

Some chilli in the mango improves it.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 29-05-2009, 09:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On May 29, 9:15*pm, wrote:
In article ,
Judith in France wrote:

On May 29, 8:41=A0pm, Sally Thompson wrote:

(PS I haven't had a choc ice in years but nothing else would do!)

Can I tempt you to try a sorbet? *Mango; with a small glass of very
dry white wine?

Some chilli in the mango improves it.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Does it? How much, a pinch???

Judith

boxus pyramid Stephen United Kingdom 3 20-05-2012 10:29 PM
boxus pyramid conifer Stephen United Kingdom 2 23-09-2011 07:36 PM
Fruits pyramid in my county JBT Gilles Garden Photos 0 13-05-2008 05:34 PM
Ever Use a Pyramid Power for your Plants? ebrad Gardening 13 12-04-2008 03:37 AM
Ever Use a Pyramid Power for your Plants? ebrad Gardening 9 09-04-2008 08:09 AM