Old 29-05-2009, 01:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default Tree needs a replacement

On 2009-05-29 11:25:19 +0100, "john royce" said:

We have just cut down a two storey high pine tree that was too close to our
house.

The front garden now looks very bare. Can someone suggest a very fast and
high growing evergreen tree to place in a plastic water storage tank (so as
to prevent the roots causing any damage to the house) as a temporary
replacement?

Also can you recommend an evergreen tree to also place in the water tank,
but with the emphasis on the gracefullness and look of it rather than its
quick growing aspect?

So when this has reached a reasonable size we can replaced the quick growing
one with this tree. Thanks.

If it has root room, I'd suggest a eucalyptus of some sort. They grow
quickly. Just how big is this water tank?! If you try to keep one tree
and remove the other, won't the roots have become entangled, thus
causing damage to the one you're hoping to keep?
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com
Exotic plants, shrubs & perennials
South Devon