Old 15-04-2003, 02:20 AM
pete

Default Where to buy magnolia trees in hampshire

NOTE: This message was sent thru a mail2news gateway.
No effort was made to verify the identity of the sender.

"John Moran" wrote in message
Hi

Can anyone recommend a garden centre or nursery
near the A3 that sells good magnolia tree specimens?

Thanks in advance

John

I just bought an excellent specimen of a Magnolia Grandiflora from
Silversprings Nursery. Silversprings is in Titchfield, off the A27 (Jn 9
of M27). They do a wide selection of plants, shrubs, trees etc. and are a
quality supplier. I know that some local landscapers use them a lot.

Take Jn9 of M27 onto A27 towards Titchfield. At the bottom of a steep hill
there is a pub on the left called Titchfield Mill. Turn left here and
follow this road. Silversprings is on the right just before Garsons Garden
Centre, about 1.5 miles from the junction.

Our 8 foot specimen was 230 quid which I didn't think was too bad. No
doubt I might have found a cheaper price but the quality was very good.

Cheers,
Pete.