Old 29-05-2009, 06:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Sods law!!

Bob Hobden wrote:
Nearly two weeks away in SW France and a Cactus I've had for over 30 years
decides to flower for the first time while I'm away and it's over by the
time I get back!!
A 30 year wait and I miss it!!

I had a ball cactus for twenty years in a greenhouse and it never
flowered once. I brought it to France and leave it outside in a hanging
basket exposed to the elements (even forgot to bring it indoors Winter
before last) and now it has the most spectacular flowers. They are out
of proportion to the size of the cactus.

--
David in Normandy.