Old 30-05-2009, 10:15 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Pond in a Pot?

On Fri, 29 May 2009 09:26:51 EDT, theilliniguy
wrote:

I notice you seem to have aeration in all though. The pot ponds I
found elsewhere on the web did not so I did not either. Didn't want to see
wires/tubes running to pot I guess.

If you don't want wires & tubes I wouldn't do goldfish, maybe some minnow,
or mosquito fish. Otherwise use mosquito dunks. My patio pond has a cut out
under the wood trim so the wire didn't go over the top. I like moving
water, less skuzzy, spitters are always cool. ;-) You can always hide wires
and tubing with plants... even silk plants until the others get going.
There are small solar fountains, use to be they didn't run at night, don't
know if they have improved them. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us