Old 31-05-2009, 02:38 PM
malia malia is offline
Registered User

Many thanks. The chilli plant is now back on my window sill.
Malia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed View Post

Maybe Joe Swift could help? He's North London and an expert on allotments.

Ed
I will look up Joe Swift another time. Many thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K View Post

1) I'd have thought it was still a bit cold for a chilli to be happy
outside but perhaps it's warmer in London.

2) bunching effect of tips can be pest damage - have you checked
carefully for eg aphids?

3) I doubt very much whether the rusting nails have caused a problem.
Could it be straight nitrogen deficiency as in a poor soil? - though I'd
hope not since it's an allotment.

If it were mine, I'd pot it in potting compost and put it back on the
windowsill for a few more weeks.

--
Kay
Thanks for the tips.