Old 01-06-2009, 08:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
moghouse moghouse is offline

Default Cheep compost.

On Jun 1, 3:48*pm, "Bill P." wrote:
I bought three bags of Payless compost from Focus. I potted up some plants
about three weeks ago using this compost and all the pots have grass growing
in them.
I know this subject on cheap compost has been discussed in here before. I
just thought I would let you know what happened to me because of *trying to
save money...you do have to go for quality and pay that bit extra.

In case anybody has not noticed, Morrisons currently have their 40
litre multi purpose compost usually £3.50, on offer at £2. Not
brilliant but not bad for a cheapy.