Old 02-06-2009, 10:11 AM
bigmike20vt bigmike20vt is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne D.[_2_] View Post
For some reason, I CANNOT grow radishes or beets to save my life. I always
thought radishes were an idiot's delight, growing fast and big for even the
blackest thumb. But after two months, my radishes still weren't very big.
The beets never filled out either--they sprouted and then just sat there for
months until I finally pulled them up and threw them away so I could grow
something else there. I gave them a lot of water, and the soil is very
loose, so I just don't get it.

I am not asking for advice, since I don't really like radishes or beets
anyway, but I thought it was funny how miserably they grow for me!
--S.
That is so odd!!!

my radishes grow crazy fast, almost as easy to grow as weeds. will be doing beets next year but never had a problem with them growing as a kid with my dad.

only thing i can thing, when i make my tiny trough to sow the seeds in, i put some compost in there to give the seeds a good boost to get going.