Old 03-06-2009, 10:05 AM
bluebeard bluebeard is offline
Registered User

Default Strimmer/Trimmer Dilemma

Hello All

Am a bit of gardening newbie, having decided that it makes no sense to pay a man to do it for me. Having armed myself with a decent lawnmower, I now need to find a strimmer and a hedge trimmer.

I don't have a huge garden, in facts its small to medium sized. I'd rather stick to electric cordless, rather than corded or petrol.

I've what looks like a good deal for about £100 for both pieces of kit, from Ryobi. Both take the same batteries, and the deal comes with a charger and a pair of batteries. I like the concept of being able to always have one battery on charge, and being able to swap between kit if it goes flat.

The alternative option for me is to buy similar kit from Bosch, however for the given budget it seems as if the batteries are different across the two tools (18v vs 14v), which is of course a disadvtantage vs the Ryobi.

Is this a good deal? Or are other makes better for the money?

Cheers

JFH