Old 03-06-2009, 06:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Strimmer/Trimmer Dilemma

On Wed, 03 Jun 2009 16:18:40 +0100, Broadback wrote:

I don't have a huge garden, in facts its small to medium sized. I'd
rather stick to electric cordless, rather than corded or petrol.

I hope you do have a small garden, batteries just don't have the capcity
to provide the required power for an extended period of time. Typical
corded strimmer has a 500W motor. 500W at say 18V is 27A, you want a
runtime of 30mins then you need a 14A/hr battery. Cordless batteries are
in the 3 to 5 A/hr range...

Having two batteries and presumably a fairly fast charger shold mean you
can have one on charge whilst you are using the other and can the swop.
But check the charge time, if it's much more than an hour I expect you'll
be drinking lots of tea. B-)

The best small engine for starting IMHO is the Tanka.

Except the OP doesn't want petrol...

--
Cheers
Dave.