Old 03-06-2009, 08:41 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Phyllis and Jim Phyllis and Jim is offline

Default Not cleaning filters

Phyllis and I were looking at our pond and decided that we (read:
Jim!) do not need to clean the veggie filters this year. We never do
our main pond as the fish stir the muck into the deep well and the
filter pushes it up to the veggie filters, where it settles. We have
not cleaned the veggie filters yet...may not need to at all this
year. The 1st 4 x 4 veggie filter seems to get most of the muck and
the 4 x 8 next to it has relatively little muck in it. If the 4 x 4
gets looking like jello (as it did one year0 we will clean it.

Anyone have any thoughts about leaving the veggie filters alone this
season?

Jim