Old 04-06-2009, 05:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Broadback[_2_] Broadback[_2_] is offline

Default Too many strawberries

On 2009-06-04 16:48:07 +0100, David in Normandy
said:

I'm getting sick of the sight of strawberries. As much as I like them,
strawberries for dessert every day is too much. Time to make some
strawberry jam.

Apparently sales of strawberries are down this year. I can't help
wondering if it's because people can buy them all year round now and
have forgotten what really fresh, English grown berries are like.
snip

My Father (unlike me) did not believe in freezing, he always thought
that a good gardener should always have fresh veg available, also that
they tasted much better when you only ate them in season and not all the
year round. I must say he had a point. Anyway stop boasting, my
strawberries are nowhere near ready here in North Staffordshire. :-(

--
Please reply to group,emails to designated
address are never read.