Old 04-06-2009, 05:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Stan The Man Stan The Man is offline

Default hozelock sprinkler that wont rotate

Have you checked your water pressure? I know that some water companies
are sneakily reducing the pressure, especially in unmetered areas. A
bit like Broadband -- so-called unrestricted services rarely are.

If you are suffering from low pressure, you could try a different type
of sprinkler which performs well off low pressure, like:
http://www.hozelock.com/watering/spr...nkler-176.html

On

2009-05-24 14:02:14 +0100, "john royce" said:

"simon mcardle" wrote in message

john royce;846629 Wrote:
We have had one of those yellow plastic Hozelock 17 hole Aquastorm
Sprinker
for a couple of years. It's the type with the curved aluminium tube
that
slowly rotates in one direction and then the other direction.

When starting up, it stops moving after a couple of times.
.

I work for hozelock, hope you don't mind me offering some advice :
1. Its got a 2 year guarantee, so if you have the receipt, please
contact us about a replacement.(www.hozelock.com)
2. There is a filter on the inlet (behind the quick connect adaptor) if
you have removed the inlet to clean the filter, make sure you screw the
inlet back on nice and tight. This is important.
3. If you have hard water, its possible that the mechanism may have
become clogged, try tipping a little vinegar into the motor and leaving
it overnight to descale it.
4. Finally you can't open the case it is pressurised, and I think its
unlikely that you would be able to reseal it.

I hope this helps.
simon mcardle

Simon many thanks. It is outside guarantee. I will now try the vinegar.

Have tried vinegar in our kitchen kettle before and it was not a great
success. If the vinegar doesnt work in the sprinkler, it makes me wonder
about using some of these kettle descaler powders? What do you think?