Old 05-06-2009, 09:49 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Brownfingers Brownfingers is offline

Default OT. What would you do?

On Fri, 5 Jun 2009 08:39:56 +0100, "'Mike'"
wrote:

You wake up in the morning, you are in charge of the country and it is your
task to get the country out of the mess it is in.

Over the next three months, what will you do

resign.

or

explain to the people that the banks messed up and that better
regulation is being put in place, bonuses will be geared to longer
term success but that it will take years for things to pick up.

Fight to democratise and limit the EU, to do this I would form
alliances with any like minded country.

Raise the Motorway speed limit to 80 and put the camera vans outside
schools, not on motorway bridges.

Tell the public there's no free lunch, if you want services you pay
taxes, period.

Abolish the internal market in the health service and divert the money
to medical care.

Unilaterally take control of our fishing grounds and regulate for
sustainability.

Build nuclear power stations.

Get central govt out of local govt and tell the voters to vote on
local issues.

Buy a cottage in Cornwall with a nice bit of land, fix it up on
expenses.

Resign.
--
Mike