Old 06-06-2009, 08:05 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kate Morgan Kate Morgan is offline

Default Seeds taking too long to germinate?

"Dave Hill" wrote in message
On 5 June, 19:56, "alan.holmes" wrote:
Why is it, that practically all the seeds I have sown this year have
either
failed to germinate, or taken several weeks to show themselves?

It is very annoying.

Alan

A lot of seeds are temperature sensitive, whilst most people realise
that seeds wont germinate if they are to cold, the same goes if they
are to hot, and all seeds have differeny temp. ranges.
You may well find that now it is cooling down then they may decide to
start moving.
David Hill

I have never been very good at seed germinating :-( I find big seeds are
pretty easy but diddy ones are a pain, for me anyway

kate