Old 06-06-2009, 06:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sgt Pepper Sgt Pepper is offline

Default Tomato Ripening.

Tomatoes taste much better if left to ripen on the plant. The only time I'd
remove them early is in the autumn before the frosts, or there's sign of
disease such as blight.

"Gordon H" wrote in message
Some of mine are now an acceptable size, but no sign of ripening in the
northern climes.
Should I just wait or?...

Last time I grew them ISTR removing them and placing them in a drawer to
ripen, but I think they were beginning to turn red slightly by that time.
I'd appreciate any comments on this?
The plants are on a S facing window ledge, so plenty of light.
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply