Old 06-06-2009, 07:50 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default state of the pond

On Sun, 31 May 2009 18:27:20 EDT, Jim and Phyllis
wrote:

Congrats on being a fish grandmother. Nice. Ours have not bred yet.

And they just keep on coming. I went to show my DS the ones in the filter,
and on the surface were all these tiny, tiny fry. I sure hope they don't
get eaten by their bigger brothers and/or sisters in there. So far I've
only seen 3 at one time of the bigger ones, they're about 4 times the size
of these new fry, that in a glance I'd say there is a dozen or more. Maybe
I'll throw some water cress in today for cover. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us