Old 07-06-2009, 10:17 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gribela Gribela is offline

Default Watering - Can I connect a hose to a washing machine water supply?

I would like to connect a hose to my washing machine inlet pipe, but I'd
like to keep my washing machine connected! Is there such a thing as a Y
connector with valve switches that has female threaded ends? I've seen
them with hose connector ends, and with screwed ends but no valve
switches (for connecting a dishwasher and a washing machine to the same
inlet)

I did see a cheap and nasty looking one on ebay but I would like one
that won't flood my kitchen out when it breaks!

Has anyone any ideas? I can't connect a hose to my kitchen tap, it seems
wasteful to connect a hose to my spare hot water inlet (that my washing
machine doesn't use) and I can't afford an outside tap.