Old 08-06-2009, 09:06 PM posted to sci.bio.botany,sci.med,sci.bio.misc
[email protected] plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com is offline

Default pine pollen cones similar to apple-cedar rust ; new book: Cancers ofa species as a major source of "new microbes into the world"

I am going to have to dig up my old posts of the theme--- cancers
of a specific species can transform into disease vectors of new
microbes.

What I am seeing today in my landscaping is after a heavy rain
downpour, that of the apple cedar rust with its orange color
on the cedar trees and next to them are Austrian pine with their
**pollen cones** which from a distance looks exactly similar to the
apple cedar rust.

So here is my conjecture, which maybe true or false. I conjecture that
if a genome were done on the Austrian pine and a genome done
on the apple-cedar rust that the implications are that the
apple cedar rust is a product of some long time ago cancer on
a pine tree pollen cone. That this cancer of a ancient pine tree
would come to develop into the apple cedar rust.

That is a conjecture I propose, that the genome of the pine tree
is so similar to the apple cedar rust genome that one can trace
back to where the apple cedar rust was created on some ancient
pine tree due to a cancer.

The theory I have on this subject is that many, perhaps a majority
of diseases from microbes, including viruses are due to a cancer
in a species for which the cancer mutated and became a
"new microbe" or a "new species of microbe".

Today we see new microbes such as bird flu and HIV. My new
theory would say that in the case of these two diseases, if traced
back far enough, it is likely or probable that a cancer of a species
was the origin of that disease of bird-flu or HIV.

The idea of this theory or theme is that many if not most microbes
that cause diseases had their origins as a cancer of a specific
species.

So, is there an expert on apple-cedar rust, and has the genome of it
been deciphered? And has the genome of pine been diciphered?
and has the genome of apple and cedar been deciphered? Have
all four been deciphered? Thence, tell me if the Rust is more related
to the pine genome?

Archimedes Plutonium
www.iw.net/~a_plutonium